Top Things to Remember about Being a Good Communicator at Work
- Be a good listener. Make the effort to listen to your boss, your teammates, and your customers. Don’t be the person who over-chats to the extent that your fellow team members begin to avoid you.
- Be positive. Minimize the negatives. Play up the positives. Make sure your tone and body language match that positivity.
- Encourage new team members. Be welcoming. Help the new person fit in.
- Give others a heads up. Tell other employees what you know. You may know something about the work that they don’t.
- Be a friend. Be friendly but stay professional.
- Have a sense of humor. It is good to have a sense of humor just make sure your humor is not hurtful and is not aimed at another person.
“THINK before you speak.
T – is it true, H – is it helpful, I – is it inspiring, N – is it necessary, and K – is it kind?”
– Author Unknown