Brenda Haughney is President of Powers & Associates, Inc. The firm offers consulting services in human resources, organizational development, recruitment services, management, business operations, customer service, and sales. Brenda has her MBA from Wingate University and her BS in Mathematics/Statistics from the University of Memphis. Professional memberships include World At Work, Society of Human Resources Management, and Organizational Development Network. She has over thirty years of experience working for such companies as Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, Provident Health Systems, Methodist Health Systems, National Bank of Commerce, and Union Planters National Bank. She served as an executive in human resources and/or operations management before she and her husband founded Powers & Associates, Inc. The consulting firm, in its 16th year of business, has successfully completed projects for firms ranging from three to three thousand employees. Each year the company has grown over 20%.
Strengths, as identified through Strengths Finder (Marcus Buckingham):
• Strategic – The strategic theme enables you to sort through the clutter and find the best route. It is not a skill that can be taught. This perspective allows you to see patterns where others simply see complexity.
• Individualization – Your individualization theme leads you to be intrigued by the unique qualities of each person. Because you are such a keen observer of other people’s strengths, you can draw out the best in each person.
• Relator – Relator describes your attitude toward relationships. In simple terms, the relator theme pulls you toward people. You derive a great deal of pleasure and strength from being around people. For you a relationship only has value if it is genuine.
• Competition – Competition is rooted in comparison. You need to compare. You like other competitors because they invigorate you.
• Input – You are inquisitive. Yours is the kind of mind that finds so many things interesting.
Brenda is married to Tom, also her business partner. They have two grown sons, Justin (Cathy) and Brett (Katy), and two grandsons, Quinn and Rhys. She and Tom split their time between Charlotte NC and St. Simons Island GA.