When you think you are just too busy to even think about down time, that is the time you need to do something about it. Do it anyway.
The little things matter. Here is a list of things you can do with little bits of moments – things that will make your day better.
- Try to make someone smile.
- Write a thank you note – you know the old-fashioned, hand-written one.
- Plan a mini-vacation. Something to look forward to can be powerful medicine.
- Medidate – try the app MNDFL.
- Look out the window.
- Roll down the windows while driving in your vehicle.
- Go to a favorite place nearby.
- Sit by the pool or a body of water.
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Take a walk in the park.
- Walk in the rain.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken with in a long time.
- Pet your dog or cat.
- Do something therapeutic – sing, dance, paint, create something.
- Play with a young child.
- Kiss your sweetheart.
- Read an uplifting book, magazine, or article.
- Listen to uplifting music.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Listen to outdoor life.
Try a few items on this list or create your own list. You will be amazed at the new energy and focus you have! Don’t take my word for it. Try it! Now!