“What are the top qualities or attributes you would look for in a good employee, (whether it is someone who would work for you or as a peer)?” During a personal survey asking this question, here is what I discovered:
- Dependable, reliable – you can be depended upon, you do what you say you are going to do.
- Honest, integrity – you tell the truth even when you have made a misstep, you are trustworthy.
- Hard-working – you put in your best effort.
- Gets along with customers and co-workers – you are pleasant and harmonious in your interactions with others.
- Takes initiative – when you see something that needs to be done, you do it.
- Willingness to learn, motivated to learn – you learn something new every day.
- Personable – you are sociable, but professional.
- Knowledgeable, educated – you know your stuff.
- Desire to please – you want to satisfy your boss and your customers.
- Straightforward – your communication is clear, honest, and easy to understand.
As I continued to ask the same question, the list did not get any longer.